CanNorth can serve your need for a challenging, rewarding, and long-term career. We offer not only competitive wages, but also numerous benefits such as an RRSP/pension matching program, health benefits, ample on-site parking, and a casual work environment. Our head is situated next to the scenery of the Silverwood Golf Course and Markham office is situated near the expansive city park adjacent to the Rouge River. Both locations boast many environmental initiatives and a clean and attractive workspace. Join our growing company that prides itself on high professional standards and offers a fun, fresh work atmosphere.
Archaeologist (Short-Term Contract - approx. 6 months)
CanNorth is seeking a highly motivated field archaeologist to work with our talented and innovative team in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Responsibilities in this position will include:
- HRIA fieldwork including mitigation, pre and post-impact studies, construction monitoring, and baseline surveys, including knowledge of appropriate guidelines and techniques
- Working in adverse weather and challenging field conditions
- Heritage site evaluation, including assessment and site recording
- Artifact and feature identification
- Laboratory duties such as artifact cleaning, analysis, and cataloging
- Working with clients and stakeholders
- Permit applications
- Working both independently and as part of a team
- Technical writing and research skills
- Assist with project planning as required (often from inception to execution of fieldwork through to report preparation)
- Work with First Nations, government, and regulatory agencies
Applicants must have a graduate degree in archaeology or anthropology and be able to hold a permit in the province of Saskatchewan. A minimum of two years of relevant experience in a consulting environment or related industry is desired but exceptions may be made. Applicants should have a good knowledge of government guidelines and protocols as well as provincial legislation. The candidate must have superior written and verbal communication skills, be dedicated to high-quality results and use their creative thinking to find solutions to complex problems. A valid driver’s license will also be a requirement.
Interested candidates are requested to apply via e-mail, fax, or mail to the address below. Qualified Indigenous professionals are encouraged to apply.
Human Resources - Canada North Environmental Services
211 Wheeler Street
Canada S7P 0A4