CanNorth can serve your need for a challenging, rewarding, and long-term career. We offer not only competitive wages, but also numerous benefits such as an RRSP/pension matching program, health benefits, ample on-site parking, and a casual work environment. Our head is situated next to the scenery of the Silverwood Golf Course and Markham office is situated near the expansive city park adjacent to the Rouge River. Both locations boast many environmental initiatives and a clean and attractive workspace. Join our growing company that prides itself on high professional standards and offers a fun, fresh work atmosphere.
Wildlife Biologist (Contract Position)
CanNorth Saskatoon is seeking a highly flexible wildlife biologist to work with our talented and innovative multidisciplinary team for the 2018 summer field season. Responsibilities in this position will include:
- Wildlife field support during construction activities.
- Conducting migratory bird surveys and nest sweeps throughout Saskatchewan.
- Conducting amphibian monitoring and salvages.
- Completing wetland classification.
- Ensuring compliance with all environmental permits, regulatory requirements, legislation, government approvals, and project environmental protection plans.
- Liaising with contractors and clients at construction sites.
- Completing daily reports and safety documentation.
A minimum of two years of conducting wildlife surveys in Saskatchewan in a consulting environment or related industry is required. Applicants should have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in biology, environmental science or related natural sciences; however, a technical diploma may be acceptable if the applicant has significant previous experience. The applicant must have superior communication skills; be able to correspond with clients and contractors in a professional way; be a team player; be highly motivated and have a positive attitude. Applicants must have a driver’s license. Certification in First Aid and H2S is considered an asset. This position entails a substantial amount of field work, thus applicants must be willing/able to be away for extended periods of time.
Interested candidates are requested to apply via e-mail, fax, or mail to the address below. Qualified Indigenous professionals are encouraged to apply.
Human Resources - Canada North Environmental Services
211 Wheeler Street
Canada S7P 0A4